Port of Trelleborg is Scandinavia’s largest RoRo port and the shortest route to the continent.
Who wants to be involved in building the Waterfont in Port of Trelleborg?2020 11 17
On Tuesday, November 17, the tender application will be sent out for selection of suppliers for construction of the new office and service building “the Waterfront” in Port of Trelleborg….
The last sheet pile is submerged2020 11 11
The last sheet pile is now submerged! The expansion of Port of Trelleborg is going at a furious pace. Aarsleff has now submerged the last sheet pile during Peab’s contract…
Ten new tugmasters powered by HVO1002020 10 16
Ten new climate-smart tugmasters powered by HVO100 (Hydrated Vegetable Oil, ie 100% bio-share) are now in place in the port! The continued increase in the share of biofuels will halve…
Freight volumes in Port of Trelleborg creating opportunities for green coastal shipping2020 10 09
Port of Trelleborg, aiming on being the climate-smartest port in the Baltic Sea and taking lead within green development is creating opportunities for green and environmentally friendly coastal shipping when…
- 5 m/s
A bit closer to the Continent
Port of Trelleborg is the largest RoRo port in Scandinavia. It handles a significant share of the Swedish foreign export/import volumes. Today 13 RoPax ferries operate regularly in the four transport corridors between Trelleborg and the Continent.
The geographic location of Trelleborg as Sweden’s most southern port, only 85 km from the German border, creates excellent conditions for time tables with high frequencies.
The extensive supply of ferry connections via the Port of Trelleborg (15 arrivals and 15 departures) create an efficient link to the four ports in Travemünde, Rostock, Swinoujscie and Klaipeda.
The port is fully integrated into the customers supply chains and meets shippers’ and hauliers’ requirements by minimising terminal- and lead times.
- Scandinavia’s largest RoRo port (for rolling traffic)
- Where Europe meets Scandinavia
- Ferry connections to Rostock, Travemünde, Swinoujscie and Klaipeda
- 30 arrivals and departures every day, 24 hours a day, all year round
- Each year, more than one million trucks, trailers and cars pass through the port
- Aim to be the Baltic Sea’s climate-smartest port
- One of five Swedish core ports designated by EU
- The Baltic Sea’s largest railway port
- 100% owned by Municipality of Trelleborg
- Turnover 259 million (2019)