After more than a century in service, the noble blue portal in ferry berth no. 7 was removed today and thus brought an era to an end. Since 1909, when the King’s Route was opened for rail traffic between Trelleborg and Sassnitz, lots of trains and ferries have passed the portal.
Ferry berth no. 7 is too old and has only been used by Stena Line’s rail ferry M / S Sassnitz. Now it will be rebuilt to become a Ro-Ro berth for rolling traffic and will be ready by 2021.
The classic portal will be donated to the Municipality of Trelleborg, but first Port of Trelleborg will restore and repaint it. The plan is then to move it to a location near the Central Station so that more people can view it.
(Click to enlarge)