Port of Trelleborg AB has received its grant application “Sweden-Poland Sustainable Sea-Hinterland Services III” approved by the EU.
Project partners are Port of Trelleborg, Port of Szczecin Swinoujscie and TT-Line AB.
The project aims to increase the efficiency and improve the integration in the corridors Scandinavian-Mediterranean and Baltic Adriatic Corridor, increase cooperation between the parties in the corridors and create a greater opportunity for continued growth in the traffic between Trelleborg and Swinoujscie, not least in terms of intermodal traffic, as well as improving connections between the ports and hinterland.
The activities proposed for this project constitute part of the development of the Port of Trelleborg’s relocating, which is needed to meet the increasing volumes of traffic.
The project consists of the following activities:
1) a new check-in area and marshalling yard in the Port of Trelleborg
2) new rail access gate for ICT control and monitoring and inspection of cargo in Trelleborg
3) new road crossing the railway tracks in the Port of Trelleborg
4) land filling preparation for marshalling yard
5) new check-in system of the ferry operator TT-Line in the Port of Trelleborg
6) a pilot activity envisioning PNDS, the Port Navigation Docking System, in the Port of Swinoujscie and Trelleborg
The project extends for three years, between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2019.
For further information please contact Agneta Nilsson, Manager Communication, Public Affairs & Funding, +46 410 36 37 11